Sudan’s Health Ministry on Tuesday announced two new COVID-19 cases, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 14.
“Epidemiological reports of the Federal Ministry of Health have confirmed two new cases of infection with the coronavirus in Khartoum State, bringing the total to 14 until Tuesday,” said the ministry in a statement.
It noted one of the two new cases is for a Sudanese man, in his 70s, with no travel history or a history for being in contact with infected people.
The other one is for a Sudanese man, in his 40s, who had been in contact with an infected person who returned from abroad.
The ministry further said it would soon declare a package of preventive and precautionary measures.
It urged all the citizens to abide by the health guidelines provided through various media and to contact the health authorities in case any symptoms of the disease appeared.