Kenya national football head coach Sebastien Migne has been sacked following a disappointing display in the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations competition in Egypt.
Migne failed to lead the Harambee Stars beyond the group stage of the tournament, finishing third behind Algeria and Senegal.
The Kenyans managed only one win against neighbours Tanzania.
“Football Kenya Federation and Harambee Stars Head Coach Sebastien Migne have agreed to terminate the coach’s contract on mutual consent,” FKF said in a statement on Monday.
Migne’s departure comes following increased calls to have him quit his role after he led Harambee Stars to a defeat against Tanzania in a 2019 CHAN qualifier earlier this month.
Migne becomes the latest national coach to lose his job following the 2019 AFCON, after Javier Aguirre (Egypt), Desabre Sebastien Serge Louis (Uganda), Emmanuel Amunike (Tanzania), Clarence Seedorf (Cameroon) and Paul Put (Guinea).
In its statement on Monday, FKF said it was already looking at possible candidate to fill the positions left by coach Migne and his staff.
Migne was appointed as Harambee Stars coach in May 2018. He helped lead the East Africans to their first AFCON in 15 years.