A Tripoli emergency department official says two people were killed and eight others injured following heavy shelling in the Libyan capital.
Reports from residents stated that heavy shelling could be heard in several parts of Tripoli late on Tuesday.
Khalifa Haftar’s Libyan National Army (LNA) has been trying to capture Tripoli since launching a military campaign on April 4.
The UN-backed government of Prime Minister Fayez al-Serraj pledged to protect Tripoli. Forces loyal to al-Serraj have so far managed to hold off Haftar’s forces.
The WHO says at least 147 people have been killed and 621 wounded in clashes between the eastern-based army and the UN-backed government’s forces.
The United Nations has called for a temporary humanitarian truce to allow for the provision of emergency services and the voluntary passage of civilians from areas of conflict.