Zimbabwean President Emmerson Mnangagwa on Friday appointed former banker Mthuli Ncube as finance minister and said Winston Chitando would remain as mines minister.
Ncube is also Chairman of the Board of the African Economic Research Consortium, chairman of the Global Agenda Council on “Poverty and Economic Development” (World Economic Forum) and a governor of the African Capacity Building Foundation. His experience will serve him well in his newly appointed role.
The two technocrats are expected to lead plans for the country’s economic recovery.
Today, as promised, I appointed a diverse, dynamic, youthful and streamlined cabinet with the skills and experience required to achieve our goals.
Now it is time to get to work!
— President of Zimbabwe (@edmnangagwa) September 7, 2018
Below is a full list of the cabinet:
- Finance – Mthuli Ncube
- Defence – Oppah Muchinguri Kashiri
- Local Government – July Moyo
- Foreign Affairs – SB Moyo
- Public Service Sekesai Nzenza
- Industry – Mangaliso Ndlovu
- Home Affairs – Cain Mathema
- Higher Education – Amon Murwira
- Primary and Secondary Education – Paul Mavima
- Lands, Agriculture – Perrance Shiri
- Mines – Winston Chitando
- Energy and Power Development – Jorum Gumbo
- Transport – Joel Biggie Matiza
- Information – Monica Mutsvangwa
- ICT – Kazembe Kazembe
- Tourism – Prisca Mupfumira
- Sport, Arts and Recreation – Kirsty Coventry
- Health – Obadiah Moyo
- Justice – Ziyambi Ziyambi
- Women Affairs – Sithembiso Nyoni