1. Robert Mugabe ruled Zimbabwe since independence in 1980 (Mnangagwa-Mugabe-Zambian observer)
2. Emmerson Mnangagwa was Robert Mugabe’s staunch ally for decades (Mnangagwa-Grace Mugabe)
3. Mnangagwa occupied a host of cabinet positions.
And was named the country’s vice president in 2014. (Mnangagwa Mugabe – newsweek)
5. Mnangagwa was sacked as vice president on November 8, 2017 for ‘traits of disloyalty’ (Mnangagwa Daily maverick)
6. Grace Mugabe was favoured by the president to take over power (mnangagwa grace mugabe -sky news)
7. But the military deployed tanks to the streets of the capital, Harare and took over power.
8. The military backed street protests against Mugabe (celebrations-metro)
9. The Parliament announced Mugabe’s resignation on November 21 (celebrations Boston Herald)
10. There was wild jubilation across the country after Mugabe’s resignation (celebrations outside parliament)
11. Mnangagwa, nicknamed “The Crocodile” for his formidable power, was chosen as Mugabe’s replacement (mnangagwa swearing in)