Chinese company to build Africa’s tallest tower in Morocco

0
1506

Morocco

Africa’s tallest tower is set to be built in Morocco in a collaboration between state owned giant China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC) and Morocco’s leading construction company Travaux Generaux de Construction de Casablanca.

The US$380 million project will host offices, a hotel and apartments, and is being designed to incorporate sustainable features.

It will be the focal point of a large-scale development in Rabat’s Bouregreg valley, part of the 2014-2018 Integrated Development Programme dubbed “Rabat, City of Light, Moroccan Cultural Capital”, masterplanned by Atkins.

CRCC will take responsibility for 60% of the project, which is budgeted at $380 million, with a designated total floor area of 86,000 square meters while their Moroccan partners, The General Construction Company of Casablanca (TGCC), handle the other 40%.

Earlier this year, two Chinese companies signed a joint-venture to construct the world’s tallest twin towers in Cambodia’s capital of Phnom Penh. Once complete, the towers will include 133 floors and reach 560 meters in height, 108 meters taller than the current record-holder, Kuala Lumpur’s Petronas Towers.

Leave a Reply