Families of EgyptAir crash victims to receive remains

0
322

135392009_14643059211141n

Egypt’s State Prosecutor-General Nabil Sadekhas ordered that the remains of those killed in the crash of EgyptAir flight 804 in May this year to be given to their respective families.

In a statement released on Saturday, the prosecutor said all remains should be returned to both Egyptian families and foreign families that lost their loved ones.

“There is currently coordination with foreign embassies to turn over the remains of foreigners”, the statement said.

According to Egypt’s press Ahram there were 30 Egyptians on board doomed Airbus A320 had been en route from Paris to Cairo, as well as 15 French citizens, two Iraqis and one passenger each from the UK, Canada, Belgium, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Sudan, Chad and Portugal.

A couple days ago an official announcement was made by Egypt’s civil aviation ministry stating that traces of explosives were found on the remains of the victims, and that the new findings have been submitted to the general prosecution.

EgyptAir flight MS804 crashed into the eastern ‎Mediterranean, killing all 66 people on board on 19 May, 2016. No one has claimed responsibility for the crash.

 

Leave a Reply