At least four people were killed and three women kidnapped from the Kautuva village on Tuesday by Boko Haram jihadists, residents and survivors said.
The village is near the northeastern Nigerian town of Chibok where the militants snatched more than 200 girls two years ago.
According to villagers and a member of a vigilante group working with the army, the Boko Haram fighters set houses ablaze and fired on resident.
“Some of us were lucky to survive and ran to Chibok,” said a man who gave his name as Ali Pagu. Another resident said the jihadists had kidnapped three women.
Boko Haram, which last year pledged loyalty to the radical group Islamic State, has kidnapped hundreds of men, women and children in their campaign to carve out an Islamist caliphate.
276 girls from a school in Chibok were seized by group in April 2014. Some 15,000 people have been left dead and more than 2 million displaced following the group’s activities.
In May, authorities said a first of the missing Chibok girls had been found, and President Muhammadu Buhari vowed to rescue the rest of them.
Dozens of the girls escaped in the initial melee in 2014 but more than 200 remained missing. Parents accused former president Goodluck Jonathan, Nigeria’s leader at the time of the kidnappings, of not doing enough to track down the girls and bring them home.
Under Buhari’s command and aided by Nigeria’s neighbors, the army has recaptured most territory once lost to Boko Haram, but the group still regularly stages suicide bombings.