Manny Pacquiao has been sued by two boxing fans for millions of dollars after claiming that the boxer and his team had failed to disclose his shoulder injury to the Nevada Athletic Commission prior to his May 2 match against Floyd Mayweather Jr. as required by law.
The lawsuit, filed by Stephane Vanel and Kami Rahbaran,”on behalf of all persons who purchased tickets; purchased the pay per view event or who wagered money on the event,” claims damages for those who “were victimized by the Defendants’ failure to disclose his injuries before his fight against Floyd Mayweather in Las Vegas.
The Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) says Pacquiao, 36, did not declare the injury on a pre-fight questionnaire.
But the fighter says he was transparent and a treatment plan had been agreed. Pacquiano has been sued for 5 million dollars.
The lawsuit comes on the heels of a Monday report by the Associated Press that said Francisco Aguilar, Chairman of the Nevada Athletic Commission , was investigating why Pacquiao checked “no” when asked to disclose if he was injured.
Koncz later shouldered the blame saying, “I checked it. It was just an inadvertent mistake.”
Meanwhile, undefeated boxer Floyd Mayweather has said that he is willing for a rematch against Pacquiao after the Filipino boxer gets treated for a shoulder injury.
Mayweather won last weekends richest boxing world title showdown, before Pacquiao disclosed that a shoulder injury hampered his performance.
Pacquaio and Top Rank released a joint statement Tuesday regarding the shoulder injury, but said nothing regarding the lawsuit.