Tunisia is set to reopen the Bardo Museum to the public with a grand ceremony on Tuesday less than a week after gunmen killed at least 20 people including tourists.
The move comes as the government continued a crack down on suspected militants and beefing up security.
Many members of the public have welcomed President Essebsi’s move to fire top Tunis security chiefs following last week’s jihadist attack, in which 20 people lost their lives.
A concert and a public rally are expected, with museum officials saying they want to show the world that the gunmen “haven’t achieved their goal”.
On Monday, Tunisia’s prime minister dismissed six police chiefs.
Two of the gunmen were killed by the security forces during last Wednesday’s attack, while a third is on the run, officials said.
The attack was the deadliest in Tunisia since the uprising which led to the overthrow of long-serving ruler Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali in 2011.
Suspects have been arrested over the attack but just two gunmen were thought to have raided the museum.
They are said to have been trained in Libya in an area controlled by Islamic State (IS) militants.