Prince Harry has announced that he is to leave the army come June.
The Prince says he is looking forward to the next chapter in his life after confirming his expected departure.
Kensington Palace said the prince is to end his 10-year military career after a four-week secondment to the Australian Defence Force, starting in April.
Prince Harry is the fourth in line to the throne and he says that his Army experience would stay with him for the rest of his life.
The prince said he was still considering his employment options.
In a statement released by Kensington Palace, the prince said he was at a “crossroads” and quitting the Army had been a “really tough decision”.
The prince took up a staff officer role with the Army last year and says he considers himself incredibly lucky to have had the chance to do some very challenging jobs and have met many fantastic people in the process.
While in Australia, the prince will spend time at an army barracks in Darwin, Perth and Sydney where he will carry out unit-based activities, training exercises and domestic deployments.
He will also join his father, the Prince of Wales, at the Gallipoli commemorations in Turkey on April 24 and 25.
After his stint in Australia, he will undertake an official royal tour to New Zealand.
When he leaves the Army in June, he will do voluntary work with a conservation project in Africa and with disabled veterans back in the UK